Hi all,

and thanks bpa, this is a great plugin for Squeezebox Server, really
useful one. Finally a simple solution to get audio from a laptop to
amplifier without cables. Thanks!

I read through this thread and didn't see an exact answer on "how to
get audio streaming work from PulseAudio to Squeezebox Touch" without
using Audacity or any complex software combinations as suggested
before. So I did a little research myself within several hours. I think
I found, basically, a simple solution. However, stream delay is between
acceptable-horrible, but I guess it depends more on Squeezebox Touch
buffering size which is approximately 20mb (? not sure about the
measure unit), according to the "Soundcheck's Touch Toolbox 2.0" (see
Google)

I haven't modified the default buffering size yet, so I'm not very sure
whether the delay depends on it. What's the delay then, how much? It's
from a few seconds to about one minute with default Squeezebox
Touch/Server settings, using WiFi connection + Pulseaudio RTP Multicast
on a laptop. So, at least, video streaming to Touch is out of question
so far. Audio, however, doesn't crackle very much. Just pure sounds
coming out from living room home-theather, streamed from my Asus Eee PC
to Squeezebox Touch and again forwarded to the amplifier. I noticed
crackling just few short times while playing music about 4 hours
non-stop. The overall quality is, however, good.

Before getting into detailed instructions, shortly about my system
specs:
-- Asus 1215N 12'1" Eee PC
- Ubuntu Netbook 10.04 (Easypeasy 1.6)
- Integrated HDA Intel soundcard, Realtek ALC269 (no virtual soundcards
in use)
- Eee PC WiFi capabilities: 802.11b/g/n @2.4GHz, 10/100 mbit/s
- Squeezebox Server 7.5.3 + Squeezebox Touch using WiFi
- Router: Telewell EA510-

And finally, how did I get Pulseaudio & Waveinput working each other? I
start from basics, step by step. Details of the following instruction
varies from distro/version to another, so don't get confused. It has
been tested only on Ubuntu 10.04 and suits perfectly only on it. You
may need Google or search from another replies/topics/forums for
further instructions. Some steps may be irrelevant, but the
instructions works 100% for me, anyway. Please forgive me, I decided to
make it more "all-in-one", so even Squeezebox Installation is shortly
described. Because of length limit and my account limits here, I
splitted my reply into four parts. Skip -Installation of
Squeezeboxserver on Ubuntu 10.04- if you already have Squeezebox Server
installed and instead, go to the part -Setting up Waveinput-.

If you encounter any problems related to Linux commands, please
understand the meaning of this tutorial. It is not explain "how to use
linux commands" though I made it as trivial as I could do. You probably
do not need execute some commands with sudo if you're logged in as root.
To be mentioned, I made all steps mostly as root user, not with sudo.

--
Fincer