erland;619362 Wrote:
> I've just sent you a PM about something else related to this.

You should get a reply.

> As mentioned before, there is a risk the performance is more related to
> the the background scheduling in SBS than actually reading tags and
> write information to the database, if this is the case it won't help to
> read the tags from a file instead of the physical files. If the
> background scheduling is the problem, it's going to be a lot better
> with the new scanner API in 7.6.

What I notice by watching server.log is that Custom Scan in 7.5 seems
to spend about half its time waiting: read for a few seconds, wait for
a few seconds,....  In 7.6 it seems to fly, and scans take about 4
hours with 7.6 vs. more than 10 hours with 7.5.  4 hours is still a
long time if one is just adding a few albums, though.

Thanks for the files, I'll take a look.  You may be right about the
wait time being dominant, though the above comparison seems to indicate
that it's a little more than half the time.

--
Daverz