indifference_engine;621138 Wrote:
> Whitebear gets me very close.  The only issues are that the library is
> not visible in Vista's wmp and that the phone's auto-sync feature
> doesn't work.Lets see if I can summarise it correctly. You have two problems:

Problem 1)

- You have Whitebear running on a PC running Windows 2003
- You have Squeezecenter running on the same PC
- From your mobile phone, you can discover the Whitebear media server,
and browse its content directory
- From WMP11 running on a PC running Vista, you cannot discover the
Whitebear media server

Problem 2)

- You have Whitebear running on a PC running Windows 2003
- You have Squeezecenter running on the same PC
- From your mobile phone, you can discover the Whitebear media server,
and browse its content directory
- From your mobile phone, you can command a track from the Whitebear
content directory to Play To a Squeezeplayer
- From your mobile phone, you can command a track from the Whitebear
content directory to Play on the mobile phone
- From your mobile phone, you cannot download a track from the
Whitebear content directory and save it on the phone

Please confirm the above. Now some questions:

1) What is the format of the music track you are experimenting with? Is
it mp3 or something else?

--
AndrewFG

Regards,
AndrewFG

Try out Whitebear. The middleware that joins the two worlds of:
1. UPnP/DLNA media clients and media players, and,
2. Squeezebox Server and Squeeze Players
Download it for free here: http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver