I've just released a plugin to play the audio from YouTube videos
through Squeezeboxs.  Please try and let me know your feedback.  It
should work on 7.5 and 7.6 servers.  It should be available in the 3rd
Party Plugin list on your squeezebox server.  It will prefer an up to
date version of 7.5 or 7.6.

WARNING: please note the plugin streams the entire YouTube video even
though you are only listening to the audio.  This means that it will
consume significantly more internet bandwidth than other streaming
plugins.  If you have a usage limited internet connection, then be
aware that using this plugin is the equivalent of streaming videos not
audio.

Features:
- Browse YouTube top lists of most popular videos tagged with 'music'
- Search all YouTube videos or videos tagged with 'music'
- Playback of specific YouTube URL (of the form:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4H_Zoh7G5A)
- Playback will search for a video resolution which can be played,
there is a setting on the web settings page to set if you prefer to
select lower resolution videos to reduce bandwidth.  By default it will
try to play the higher quality audio streams.

Please report bugs and feature requests here, please include the
specific server version used as the plugin uses some tricks to support
7.5 as well as 7.6 server and these may be the cause of bugs.

Thanks to Pipin for the suggestion..

--
Triode