PasTim;633970 Wrote:
> I would have thought that presenting the Humax with an mp3 file on a
> stick is probably going to work anywayMy hypothesis is that when Whitebear is
> asked to produce a transcoded
Mp3 file as a result of Range request, it may be producing a truncated
Mp3 or one with something odd in it, that perhaps the Humax does not
like. (But this is admittedly only a hypothesis...)

Also you mentioned that the Humax had the same Http Range issue with
foobar's foo_upnp plug in (I read your posts today on hydrogenaudio).
However it was not evident if bubbleguum was able to solve the issue or
not. Did he solve it? And if so, do you have any information from him
what he needed to change in foo_upnp to fix it? -- I hope to benefit
from his learning curve...

--
AndrewFG

Regards,
AndrewFG

Try out Whitebear. The middleware that joins the two worlds of:
1. UPnP/DLNA media clients and media players, and,
2. Squeezebox Server and Squeeze Players
Download it for free here: http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver