mikebh50;635631 Wrote:
> Hi
> Just a quick question about getting the discount playback. Do I have to
> have the iPad and iPhone versions or will it work with the touch version
> as I only have the iPad and touch versions..

With touch version you mean for the iPod touch? That is the iPhone
version, there are only these two Apps so it's OK.
The directions are in here:
http://penguinlovesmusic.de/2011/03/18/new-ipeng-versions-update-playback-change-discount-model/

redstripe1uk;635639 Wrote:

> I wonder if anyone could help. Whilst I love ipeng it has an annoying
> problem for me that I hope someone solve.
>
> Scenario -
>
> 1. Open Ipeng app on iphone 4 and select player (for this example we
> take the garden)
> 2. Turn on player
> 3. Choose a radio station to listen to.
> 4. Listen to radio for a while (so far so good).
> 5. Finish listening to radio and open ipeng again to turn off player.
>
> This is where the problem is. The phone connects to wifi as normal but
> the ipeng app is unresponsive, it wont let me turn off the player. I
> then have to open ipeng on my partners iphone to turn off the player.
>
> I never used to have this problem and I dont want to set the settings
> of ipeng to keep the connection open as it drains the battery.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

Is this on an iPhone? Which model and version is this?
What this usually means is that even though your iPhone LOOKS like it's
hooking up to WiFi it's not or, more precisely, it's doing it slowly.
The result is that when iPeng tries to connect to your server it can't
(the App doesn't hava a connection to the network yet).
iPeng should recover from this once it really gets a connection to the
server, the longer it takes to get the connection the longer it takes
in iPeng because iPeng uses increasing timeouts but if you are
impatient you can try to exit iPeng and re-enter it.

Usually this is a problem between the iPhone and the router and became
better in recent versions of iOS, it's specifically bad on iPhone
because iPhone often just does have a working communication connection
but it's not the WiFi one but 3G.

If the problem does _not_ go away it usually means the WiFi connection
is still bad. You can diagnose this by trying to open the server's web
interface in Safari, if it works you should have a good connection if
not iPeng doesn't actually have a chance.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com