JJZolx;640812 Wrote:
> Just wondering: Why didn't Logitech take the same approach to supporting
> Spotify? Are there technical or legal reasons that they couldn't release
> an SBS plugin that would proxy the connection to all players, instead of
> limiting support to only the Radio and Touch?

My guess would be:
1. They wanted it to work with only MySB
2. There are restrictions in the Spotify licensing that you can't proxy
the stream at least as long as you don't make sure it can't be recorded
by someone. Triode has taken some measures to handle this but it would
probably not have been good enough for a big company like Logitech.

There might be more reasons also but I'm guessing the above are the
most important ones. It's also important to note, that if anyone should
be blamed, it's (as usual) the music industry which forces Spotify to
apply these rules on their partners to ensure people can't copy the
music.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))