Just so you know, I've just upgraded to the release 7.6 and I am still
having the issues.

AndrewFG;642935 Wrote:
> If you have a TTY client (such as PUTTY) you could try connecting to the
> CLI 127.0.0.1:9090 and see if it connects.

Yes I have just tried this and it works ok. It connects and I can issue
commands.

AndrewFG;642935 Wrote:
> I suspect a misbehaving plug-in. Which ones are you using?

I think quite a lot, let me list them:

BBC iPlayer
Album Review
Biography
Find Cover Art
Lazy Search
Music Information Screen

Saying that what initially broke Whitebear was upgrading between two
different betas of 7.6, then it got fixed with another one, then it got
broken again and never fixed thereafter. Of course, it could have been a
contemporaneous plugin update that I hadn't noticed.

AndrewFG;642935 Wrote:
> This seems to indicate that the CLI "playlist add" or "player play"
> commands are what is failing, and crashing SBS. Which is odd, because
> such commands would not normally be hooked by plug-ins. What are you
> trying to play? Perhaps you can turn on Whitebear's logging for both
> "HTTP Server" and "Squeezebox CLI", and send me the log file by PM?

I will send the log in a moment. I should stress that most of the time
the CLI hookup just doesn't work at all. It's only very rarely when I
restart SBS that it appears and then it causes the crash whatever it is
that I choose to play through WB.

--
Wigster