Triode;661764 Wrote:
> Which version are you running - that config file is for 2.1.0 as it does
> not contain a password.

I thought 2.0.4 - at least I followed the instructions from pakarlss
and input the URL you gave earlier. And, it does say 2.0.4 on the
webinterface when installed.

I tried a full clean install and removed and reinstalled
squeezeboxserver (going for it, tried the new logitech mediaserver
version), installed the plugin 2.0.4 manually as described, changed the
file permissions to those that all files in the
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver directory have (squeezeboxserver, nogroup).
the conf file:

loglevel: INFO
username: jmenzel
cachedir: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotifycache
bitrate: 320
httpport: 9005
cliport: 9090

I activated the plugin with the webinterface, restart, restart the
sheevaplug. When I go to settings for the plugin, it asks that I agree
to the terms and conditions, and in the following screen I enter
username and password. settings page says helper app not running.
Same problem - times out when updating that screen, and spotify doesn't
work, timing out when you go to the playlists, library at the artists or
albums listing, etc. Looks like permissions for the conf file are wrong,
doesn't it... While, when I looked at the conf file after the clean
install and before I reconfigured the plugin, it had code in there
instead of clean text. When I then entered username and password in
settings, it did hang, but the conf file changed to the above.

Could I edit the conf file by hand to add the password?

--
jmenzel