Triode;667495 Wrote:
> The bitrate reported in more info and on the web interface is based on
> the metadata in the bbc feed and will be 128k for all of these streams
> (as Flash iPlayer will report).  The actual streams look to be a mix of
> 56k and 320k and I know the BBC are looking into this, but this
> difference will not be reported by the plugin.

So if the true bitrate is not reported anywhere, how am I supposed to
tell what it is? For that matter how do you work out what it is?

I'm not asking for SBS to show the bitrate in the normal playing
screen. What I would like is to be able to see the true bit rate and
codec in the "More Info" screen. BBC World Service says the codec is
"gif" and BBC Asian Network says "png", both of which are clearly wrong
but give me no idea of what it is actually playing.

--
Owen Smith