AndyN;670157 Wrote:
> I can access the squeezebox server via my Android tablet and control the
> Squeezebox touch using the Vortexbox IP address and then the squeezebox
> server page. I.E. I can select the music I want to play and the volume
> etc. etc.
>
> Similarly I can control the Touch using the remote control.
>
> However, a friend and I tried using Squeezecommander on my tablet and
> after a couple of hours still had no joy in getting the Touch to
> respond.It shows there are three players the Touch, LIV Lounge speaker
> and Liv Squeezebox.
>
> Firstly I cant understand why these 3 players exist and secondly HOW
> do we control the Touch.
>
> Its clearly something I am NOT doing but what is not clear.
>
> Andy

On the PlayerServerScreen in SqueezeCommander, you can select the
active player (from SqueezeCommander's point of view).

The active player has a "dark blue" background and its name is shown in
the bottom line of every page.

See also
http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/wiki/MultiPlayerMultiServerScreen

I.e. if you click on the Touch, it should become the active player and
you can start controlling it.

Your starting point to play music in SqueezeCommander is the HomeMenu.
The HomeMenu can be reached by pressing the icon in the top-right
corner (it looks like a folder with a note).
In the HomeMenu, you can browse through your
Artist/Albums/Genres/InternetRadio/MusicServices...

Does that help?

--
flattermann

Christian

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://www.squeezecommander.com) - The
SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android