rbl;671951 Wrote:
> Again, thanks very much. I should have worked out the buffering myself!
> But I have tried the -endpos arguemnt to no avail. It just runs forever
> whatever I do. Not good if I am away on holiday! The command line I am
> using is:

I forgot endpos only works when mplayer decodes the stream and so know
the realtime of the stream - you are doing a byte dump so no decoding
is done and mplayer doesn't know how long audio plays.

> Any ideas?

Using Windows make life difficult because offhand I can'tr test any
suggestions and secondly Windows has limitation that are a pain to
overcome.

1. Since you are on holiday - why not save "Listen Again" use the
suggestion a few post earlier.  However, if you are outside the UK
"Live" broadcast are 320kbps but "Listen Again" are 48kbps so there is
an incentive to record live stream.

2. Decode into Wav and then save output as Flc and use endpos .  This
is complicated to do in Windows it may be easier with VLC than mplayer.
No loss of quality but end file is bigger tnan AAC equivalent.

3. Create 2 batch files. First batch file "CALL"s the second batch file
and then "SLEEP" for x second and then "TASKKILL /im mplayer.exe "
Second batch has the command to run mplayer

4. Run mplayer as a batch file and then schedule another batch file to
run x seconds later - the second batch file just has "TASKKILL /im
mplayer.exe "

If you expect more than one mplayer.exe running - then you will need to
be a bit more sophisticated in selecting task to kill probably use
pslist and pskill with "FOR" loops.

If you have more complicated requirements - use AutoIT.

--
bpa