MeSue,

Ah...you were right, Database Query was right there under Extras. I
noticed  "Choose a data query to run," and clicked on one of the
options and the GUI showed it was Connecting.

This Connecting went on for some time, and my connection to my
VortexBox Appliance was lost. After a while I gave up on the Connecting
prompt and rebooted my VBA and regained my connection. One more try with
with a different data query produced the same result.

I have no doubt that the fault is with my execution (e.g., failure to
set up a directory to "receive" the query output or some such, etc.) or
with my failure to wait out the Connecting prompt while it was doin' its
thang...

In any event, I'm sure that Erland will chime in soon. Enjoy your
weekend...you've provided help enough... :)

--
radish112