According to the table shown here:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Setup_browse_menu_for_classical_music#Tagging
my music files must contain the tags ARTIST, ARTISTSORT, COMPOSER,
CONDUCTOR, BAND and GENRE + the three user defined tags to "follow this
example exactly", as stated.

What confuses med is that in the section "Scanning custom tags"
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Setup_browse_menu_for_classical_music#Move_the_browse_menus)
some additional tags is menthioned under "Names to show for user",
namely ALBUM, ALBUMARTIST, TRACKARTIST and YEAR. Since I'm a beginner
and not very bright, I just want to make sure that I understand it
right: These tags must also be entered in the files?

But ... and there is a "big but" ;-) ... Which information am I
surposed to enter in ALBUMARTIST and TRACKARTIST?

FYI: I have a huge collection of classical music. I have no need for
(and interest in) make MOVEMENT searchable/selectable in a detailed
sub-menu. The only situation I want the information to be shown is in
"Now playing".

FYFI: 99% of the time I'm using iPod with I iPeng to control the
Squeezebox Touch.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.0 - r33679 @ Wed Nov 9 22:33:53 PST
2011
Operating system: Mac OS X 10.6.8 - DA - utf8
Platform architecture: x86_64
Perl-version: 5.10.0 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
Database version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Player model: Squeezebox Touch
Firmware: 7.7.0-r9550
iPod + iPeng (most recent version)

--