earthbased;675937 Wrote:
> Why does Trackstat create a backup file every day?  Mine are about 5MB.
> I cannot find a user guide that describes how this plugin works so
> would like some help.  TIA

Because the database can sometimes be deleted by standard SBS code,
especially during upgrades, or become corrupt if SBS or computer is
shutdown in a middle of a database operation. If you don't have a
backup when this happens, all your ratings and all your playback
history would be lost.

You can clean-up old backup files, I usually keep the files for the
last month or so.

In addition to the link in the previous post by MeSue, it might also be
worth to look at the following page which describes the possibilities
you have to setup rating support:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Setup_support_for_ratings

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.