Philip Meyer;677870 Wrote:
> >If I am moving around to different
> >players a lot, it tends to rack up a bunch of extra tracks at the end
> >of the playlist, but this isn't a bit deal.
> >
> I haven't noticed many problems like that myself; can you provide an
> example for when it adds extra tracks?
>
> I think mostly, it's likely to be the way that DynamicPlaylist works.
> I just return the next track to play, when I handle a request from
> Dynamic Playlist to queue another track.
>
> I can probably make this work better - check the position of the
> currently playing track, and only queue a new track when it's at the
> end of the playlist.
>
> In fact, I meant to make this honour the other DynamicPlaylist
> settings.  "Now Playing will show <n> upcoming songs and <n> recently
> played songs", rather than just add a single future track each time a
> new track is played.  So I'll probably implement that next.

I think it happens because I have four synced players and when I switch
on another player by pressing play it queues another track. Not entirely
sure, but I think that's what is causing it.

It does honor the Dynamic Playlist setting, which mine is set to keep
10 played and 9 upcoming. So it never goes beyond 20 songs in the
playlist. Any more than that and I started getting too distracted by
the upcoming. LOL

> >One thing that would be cool is if it could be enabled all the time,
> >like Sugarcube is, instead of having to kick it off and then having
> it
> >stop when something new is played. With Sugarcube, there was a
> setting,
> >"Only Queue a New Track if Playing the last Track on the Playlist"
> and
> >with this checked, I could get endless music without having to think
> >much about it as long as a local file was the last thing in the
> >playlist.
> >
> I didn't like that mode of operation much; I was specifically
> concentrating on DynamicPlaylist integration, rather than copy
> SugarCube.
> Dynamic Playlist works by automatically turning off when something else
> is played.  i.e. the user doesn't have to remember to turn it off when
> queueing up other music to play.  I don't think I can stop that
> behaviour, if I want to use Dynamic Playlist to handle the playlist
> size/history.
>
> Best to use SugarCube if you want to add songs into a mix and evolve
> from that.

That's cool... it's your plugin! :)

> >Well, now I just found where I can change the settings from iPeng
> under
> >Player > Advanced Settings so that's cool.
> >
> You can? In iPeng, I only see Settings > Dynamic Mix, nothing within
> Settings > Advanced.

It's only in iPeng for iPad, which I didn't realize until later. But
thanks for adding it to the regular settings, it's much easier to
access that way.

--
MeSue

SUE

1 Touch | 2 Booms | 2 Radios | 1 Duet | 1 SB2
HP MediaSmart EX470 | Logitech Media Server 7.7.1 | iPod Touch & iPad
w/ iPeng
Find me on 'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/MeSue) | 'Twitter'
(http://twitter.com/suechastain) | 'Rhapsody'
(http://www.rhapsody.com/members/mesue)

-*Logitech! Steal my idea, please! 'Squeezebox Radio 2.0'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=674825&postcount=2)*-