Triode;679880 Wrote:
> You debugs show that it doesn't go online to connect with spotify when
> you try to set a new user.  I would expect this to happen - it looks
> like you may have a problem with your connectivity to spotify?

This clue got me pointed in the right direction. It turned out that
there was a bad entry in /etc/resolv.conf. The second entry was
correct, so name queries did succeed, but not in time for the Spotify
library, I guess. Connecting to spotify with command-line tools like
ping, wget, etc. was working fine, which was why I thought connectivity
was ok.

Once I fixed the entry in resolv.conf, the plugin connected right away
and is now working. Thanks for the help, and for a great plugin! (Do
you take donations?)

--
trapgate