Hi Triode,

I wish to use LMS 7.7.1 instead of the Synology-distributed 7.6 server,
because I have a large number of ALAC files, and 7.6 on Synology doesn't
play nicely with them.

I used your lovely plugin on 7.6 on my Synology DS212+ happily, so I
know that it CAN work.

However, 2.2.2 does not work well on 7.7.1, as detailed in this thread.
My presenting problem was that the form did not seem to store the
password; helper app couldn't log in.

So, I cheerfully downloaded 2.0.4 by guessing the URL from your
repository, wiped out the Cache/InstalledPlugins/Spotify directory,
unzipped the 2.0.4 linux file into the Plugins/ directory, yielding
Plugins/Spotify. I chown -R'ed the directories to make sure they were
properly writeable.

When I loaded up LMS again, I saw '2.0.4' as a version number, and
under settings, I saw the old form. (yay!). I added my password, and
... timeouts. The helper app claims it is running, but not logged in.
Just to double check, I logged in to spotify with same username and
password on the web and it works nicely.

I can't find pointers to next steps in this monster thread; do you have
any resources / suggestions for me?

--
vessenes