Triode;687677 Wrote:
> Its important to understand that the spotify plugin decompresses on the
> server and then sends lossless files to the player.  If your local wifi
> does not have enough bandwidth to support this then you will get the
> symptoms you say.  Unless you also play lossless files from your server
> then there are probably no other squeezebox applications which do this.
> Its possible this has changed due to more neighbours using wifi or local
> microwaves or other things - you need to look at the network not the
> applications you have on the player etc.

Do you mean play say a lossless track from my home server over wireless
and then see if I have a problem?

I have a Smerins track which is in Apple Lossless and have just played
it with absolutely no problems or buffering problems - straight in and
no rebuffering

Since I am a bit of a numpty will explain - its on my Imac - stored in
a spare room acting as a server; used the controller to find the track
amoungst the 20,000 on my music - dialled it up and then checked to see
if it was lossless when it started playing - then sent wirelessly to the
one in my bedroom where is playing very nicely

Played 3 lossless in a row with no re-buffering

--
Rick_W