erland;687855 Wrote:
> The principle would basically be:
> 1. Let the full library be represented by the standard iPeng menus
> 2. In LMS web interface select to create a new library of type
> "Standard library" in the Extras/Multi Library menu.
> - Library name: YYY Music
> - Include comment: YYY
> - Included internal menus: Check the menus you like
> 3. Save
>
> The result should now be that you get a "YYY Music" menu and under this
> you get sub menus for each checkbox you checked in "Included internal
> menus" section when creating the library. The content of this library
> will be limited to music files which have a comment tag that contains
> the string "YYY".
>
> You can of course use directories or any of the other supported
> parameters to limit the library content, using the comment tag was just
> an example since you mentioned that you use a comment tag today.
>
> The sections "Included internal menus" and "Included Custom Browse
> menus" sections in the library menu will make sure you get browse menus
> for the library, if you don't check any of these checkboxes you will be
> able to use the library in smart playlists using SQL Playlist or Custom
> Skip plugin but you won't be able to browse it.
>
> I think you should be able to configure iPeng so you one of the toolbar
> buttons launch the "XXX Music" library so it's easy to access it in
> iPeng.

Thanks Erland, very helpful post. It all works as you describe. With
some more experimenting I believe I can make it work the way I want.

--
OGS

Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - LMS with BrutefirDRC - filter from Audiolense
4.2XO - Touch (bypassed output caps and soundcheck's TT3.0) -  Devialet
D-Premier - KEF Q300 (redesigned filter)