Hi,

i have a small problem implementing a specific behaviour with custom
browse:

- i have tagged all my mp3 with ARTISTSORT (f.e. ARTIST="Joe Cocker"
becomes ARTISTSORT="Cocker, Joe")

- i now want to browse by ARTISTSORT instead of artist, so that not
only the artists are sorted by ARTISTSORT (that was easy) but are also
shown like "Cocker, Joe" instead of "Joe Cocker"

- i added ARTISTSORT as tag in custom scan and used the custom browse
template "custom tag" (nothing special there, just activated "Various
Artists" and used ARTISTSORT as custom tagname). But the result is
somewhat strange, as my menu now look like this:

--MyArtists
----Various Artists (needed on that level, so ok)
----Cocker, Joe (fine)
------Various Arists (oops)
------Cocker, Joe (oops)
--------his albums (fine)

I don't understand the "oops" part(why is the artist repeated on that
level) and how to get rid of it. I don't have this extra level when
using the standard artist menu and just sorting by ARTISTSORT, but that
leaves me with "Joe Cocker" instead of "Cocker, Joe".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Frank

P.S.: Plugins are up-to-date running on 7.6.2.

--
frank_harmann