maggior;694735 Wrote:

> For it to be engaging, I think the screen should have some sort of
> animation.

Yes, I agree, especially on a large screen some movement would be
good.
However, I think variation is more important than movement, I think a
spinning LP would be kind of boring after a while, an image slide show
of the artist playing is a lot more interesting, IMHO.

maggior;694735 Wrote:

> I had an idea (which I was going to do as an exercise to dip my toe in
> android development myself) to have a "now playing" screen that showed
> the side view of a turntable platter rotating with a strobe.  Maybe
> even show the cartidge drop on the album and slowly move toward the
> center as would happen when a real lp is playing.  This could even be
> proportional to the length of the track, like a progress indicator.
> The track/album/time information could be displayed on there too.  When
> the track would change, there could be some sort of animation of the
> album being dropped (like a record changer or just bing placed on the
> platter).  Prior to the animation, a record label could be displayed
> showing the next track, with length, artist, etc. in a format like you
> would see on an lp (or 45).  Taking this further, you could have
> options for a more modern scheme where maybe it's a CD juke box or
> something.  You could even do a old style jukebox scheme rather than a
> turntable.

It's kind of funny how we all want to turn all these modern toys into
old fashion stuff, reminds me of the screensaver that was discussed
during the Squeezebox Touch hardware beta testing.
[image: http://www.davidairey.com/images/design/cassette-tape-1.jpg]

Later I got some help with the graphics and it resulted Casetta style
for the Custom Clock applet with graphical design by Rikk and animated
wheels:
[image:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/uploads/0/01/CustomClock_Cassetta.png]

maggior;694735 Wrote:

> Something like this I'd be willing to pay for.  But for it to have wide
> appeal, it would have to be able to do "now playing" for more than just
> the squeezebox.  In my research, I seem to recall that there are hooks
> for getting information of what the player is playing - though it may
> only be for the google music player.  I would want it to work with the
> squeezebox controller apps and PowerAMP (the music player I use).  It
> would be like a visualizer or a screensaver type thing.

Do you use Revue for music playing ?
Or is it just used as a remote control ?

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.