Mark Miksis;696133 Wrote:

> Haven't really thought it through, but I guess I mean:
> 1) A special screensaver with both a clock and artwork
> 2) The normal dock clock screensaver
> 3) and 4) Nothing

Need to think about this some more.
But I do like it to show something when it's in the dock, because that
means I can keep my app running all the time when the tablet is in the
dock and do something useful independent if Squeezebox is playing
something or not.

Possibly it could be possible to integrate it with the RSS Photo Show
app I released yesterday on Google Play (Android Market):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.rssphotoshow

Kind of let the apps interact, so when something is playing on the
Squeezebox it shows Squeeze Display and when it's not playing it
automatically switch to RSS Photo Show and vice versa.

Another alternative I've also thought about is to let Squeeze Display
show images from artists from your complete library when nothing is
playing. That would result in a personal image slide show.

Or maybe show images for the artists played during the last week or
something similar.

Does anyone else have some cool idea regarding what you would like to
see on your tablet when nothing is playing on the Squeezebox and the
tablet is in the docking station ?

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.