Triode wrote:
> Sounds like several people are seeing this - can I check which OS and
> version people are using - is it specific to certain OSs or not?
>
> If you have a local instance of softsqueeze or squeezeplay on the server
> machine, can you playback without buffering on that?

Triode

Many thanks for the quick response. My issue was using Ubuntu server
12.04 (64 bit). I have not tried with a soft player, but I did connect
my radio via wired Ethernet which did not solve the problem.

However, since making this post, think that I have solved the issue. I
noticed that the helper application was spotifydnoflac64, and I tried
installing flac (apt-get install flac) and restarting. This appeared to
ease the problem (rebuffering started after 3 minutes rather than about
15 seconds). So the other thing I did was to go to the Advanced -> File
type menu, and put in the following settings:

FLAC -> native
PCM -> disable

Since doing this, I have had no issues (only 30 minutes testing, but
previously it was falling over in a few minutes)

Now I have it working, it seems a first rate plugin!