I have a dedicated Win7 box hosting a large collection of MP3s and
running LMS 7.7.2.  I was initially thrilled that LMS included a DLNA
server and started using it to play music in my living room, with an
Android tablet as the controller and a Sony '200' as the DLNA
client/target.  I was never 100% satisfied with how my library was
sorted but at least it worked.  Unfortunately, the LMS server now
crashes whenever I try to play something through DLNA.  Rather than try
to 'fix' it (I did nothing to it in the first place...) I have decided
to switch to a different DLNA server.

NOTE: I had already/previously disabled the 'Windows Media Player
Network Sharing' service.

My first thought was the White Bear DLNA Server add-in.  I disabled the
original DLNA add-in from Logitech, then ran the installer for White
Bear, then rebooted.  The system-tray icon for White Bear says that it
is installed but I cannot see it on my network (from the tablet).  From
the 'server' machine, under Network, there is an available server called
'Unknown (White Bear)' which I assume is the White Bear service.  But I
suspect the Windows Firewall needs another exception.  The official
homepage for White Bear says that all these settings will be done
automatically but how do I confirm that?  Basically, I have been unable
to find any setup or troubleshooting instructions for White Bear.

Out of desperation, I tried re-enabling the WMP Network Sharing service.
I can now see it on the network but when I try to access my DLNA app
(BubbleUPnP) reports "access denied."  So I am stuck.

Any suggestions on making either White Bear or WMP Network Sharing work?
Thank you!