I have a Spotify premium account. Since I have a SB Classic, in fact,
several of them, I use the '3rd party plugin'. So far, so good.

My question: Is it possible to control Spotify playback using the CLI
(telnet) interface?

Background is that my wife is severely handicapped, and I wrote several
tools for her to be used on a special touchscreen PC. She can play music
on the SB this way and I would like to add Spotify albums to the music
she can play. It would be nice already if I could store some of the urls
of albums that we played earlier, so she can play them again via het
PC.

Thanks.