Hi forum experts!

I have been having a tough time with the 3rd party (triode) Spotify
plugin over the past few months... (Duet, 2 players and controller -
versions below)

Activating the plugin from the list sometimes takes several attempts and
server restarts before it actually installs.
Similar to other posters, LMS seems to cache DNS results - as the server
starts when the system starts it seems that if the first DNS request to
mysqueezebox.com fails then this is cached until I restart the server
again. This seems to result in 2 problems - one confirmed, the other
not:
1. (confirmed) the Plugins page does not load any 3rd party plugins and
lists 3 DNS failures at the top of the page (server restart fixes this)
2. The plugin disappears from the duet controller.

When 2. happens above, I have to re-enable the plugin (may take several
attempts) and will only be in the plugins list (1.) if I can be sure
that the LMS has not cached a failed DNS attempt.

Previous attempts to troubleshoot using the logs have resulted in
standard router/firewall/network suggested route causes as the logs just
show DNS failures (due to cache). It is definitely not the
network/firewall settings. - When the plugin installs it passes all
self-tests and I can use full Spotify functionality.

As you can imagine, the effort of re-instaling the plugin every time the
system restarts is too much to be worth it.

Any suggestions on -

Preventing the DNS caching?
Delaying server start until after the network connection has come up? (I
know I can do this manually - any other suggestions..??)
Making the plugin more persistent during these issues?

Thanks

Jonr71

Logitech Media Server Status

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 - r33893 @ Wed Mar 14 05:28:36 PDT
2012
Hostname: xxxxxxxxxxxx-iMac.local
Server IP Address: 192.168.0.6
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Mac OS X 10.6.8 - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64
Perl Version: 5.10.0 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 2

Player Information

Information on all identified devices connected to Logitech Media
Server

Dining Room Player

Player Model: Squeezebox Receiver
Firmware: 77
Player IP Address: 192.168.0.3
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:16:fc:7e

lounge

Player Model: Squeezebox Receiver
Firmware: 77
Player IP Address: 192.168.0.5
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:17:43:91
Wireless Signal Strength: 68%

Cache Folder
/Users/xxxx/Library/Caches/Squeezebox
Preferences Folder
/Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox
Plugin Folders
/Users/xxxx/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins,
/Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox/Plugins,
/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox/Plugins,
/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Plugins
Logitech Media Server Log File

/Users/xxxx/Library/Logs/Squeezebox/server.log

Scanner Log File

/Users/xxxx/Library/Logs/Squeezebox/scanner.log