jemail wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Then I think that from a usability point of view having muso launch the
> users configured/selected player makes perfect sense. Would it be
> difficult to launch the selected player if its not a squeezebox player,
> when the user clicks play? It's what a user expects when you click a
> play button, that their song plays. Maybe you can notify the user if
> they are trying to launch a squeezebox player in this way.
>
> At the moment, if I have to start Winamp first, I might as well use the
> media library in Winamp to select and play my songs and not bother to
> leave Winamp for another application. I think the aim should be for muso
> to remove the need for the user to think about their selected player
> once they have selected/configured it. But that's just me and I'm a
> typical user ... lazy.
>
> This should maybe be moved to a suggestion thread.
>
> Regards,
> jemail

I'll see what can be done. I don't want to have to configure the winamp,
foobar and iTunes executable locations within muso, but I'll see if
these can be deduced - it may only be possible to deduce the executable
location of the default windows player for mp3 files, and invoke that if
it matches your player selection (and it isn't open already).