Morbeas wrote:
> Oh ok, so the playlist button is basically just a shortcut to the LMS
> web GUI.  That's not that big a deal then.
>
> Ok so now onto something far more important:
>
> Muso doesn't catalog all the track artists, it just catalogs the
> ALBUMARTIST.  I have quite a few albums that have more than 1 artist.
> As a matter of fact, every single track may have a different artist as
> in compilation albums (Best of the 80s etc).  LMS, however, handles it
> properly.  I can even search for guest artists (Apocalyptica featuring
> Sandra Nasic etc.).  Just to give you an idea, LMS reports 1114 artists,
> whereas muso reports 441 album artists.  The main reason I bring this up
> is because when I have muso export a website, it does not list all those
> missing artists.

I must stress that muso is not an LMS web skin, it wasn't my intention
that it mirrors the LMS database exactly, the design of the database and
the way it collates tracks into albums is specific to muso, and is not
intended to mirror the LMS database precisely - I simply offer an import
facility from LMS into that database. What I call an "Album Artist" is
also sometimes termed a "Titled" artist, and are those artists to which
the whole of an album can be attributed - the catalog only lists by this
titled artist, not guest artists. For example compilations appear under
"Various Artists" rather than repeating for every single contributing
artist.