Claus,

I am sorry to hear that, do you maybe have a backup of iPeng in iTunes?
If you sync your iPhone, iTunes will copy the Apps to your computer and
you can see them under "Apps" in your Media Library. Since you only have
an iPhone 2, there is also no risk that you might have overwritten it
with a newer version unless you upgraded in iTunes. In that case,
chances are the old version is still in your trash bin or a copy is
being held in iTunes' media folder, please write back if you need help
on finding it.

The discontinued support for first and second generation devices was not
our decision, it was Apple's and also iOS 5 is not the reason. The
reason is that Apple removed all support for the old devices from their
development tools for iOS 6 and iPhone 5 and as a result of that it's no
longer possible to support both old and new devices. Since it's also not
possible to keep more than one version of an App in the App Store, we
find this to be a very unfortunate decision, but we can't afford to
ignore the current generation of devices.

When we realized that there would no longer be support for old devices
with the arrival of iPhone 5 we out up a notice here in the forum and on
the App Store in the update notifications of the two versions prior to
the change but we can't contact users directly since we don't have any
access to App Store accounts, only Apple has that.

Sorry for the bad news.