jezbo wrote:
> Muso supports two main mechanisms to get track data into its database :
> - synch with LMS (for those with squeezebox devices)
> - reading files/tags from the file system
> - importing from iTunes (OK so that's 3, but I don't think I have any
> users that use this option)
> So - if I made muso handle custom tags, any reading of them should
> really be made to work from all sources - which I think in the case of
> LMS means using the Custom Browse plugin - anyone let me know if this is
> correct, it's not a plugin I've tried yet (I'd have to pay for a licence
> to do so).

I've had a brief look at the Custom Tag plugin to LMS - my current
thought is that I may read the custom tags into Muso from LMS but NOT
from a file scan - because (a) I'd have to find a file tag library that
can actually read custom tags (my current one can't, apart from
Ogg/Vorbis comment tags), and (b) I'd have to replicate all the
configuration of what tags to look for, how to combine them etc, in
Muso. It's much easier - at the moment - to say this will be an
enhancement that will only work with LMS integration (i.e. will read in
the custom tags on a synch) - then I can look to extend it to file
scanning and reading custom tags directly further down the line. This
will be experimental work for the time being - getting the custom tags
from LMS into Muso would be the easy bit - then I have to think of
flexible ways to allow browsing by these attributes.