Unfortunately the music industry hasn't understood that things like this
would get us to buy more music not less, so they tend to charge anyone
that want to show information like this a lot so it's almost impossible
to do without some kind of commercial agreement or violating the
licenses/copyrights and scraping their web sites for the information.
Things would be a lot easier if they focused at selling their music and
offered all possible information to third parties to reasonable fees to
get help to accomplish that. I'm not sure if 'The Complete Collection'
(http://www.sosoactive.com/the-complete-collection-spotify-app-review/)
app is provided by Spotify itself or if it's provided by some third
party. Spotify apps like this is only available through the computer
Spotify client, it's not even available on their iPad client, so it's
not accessible through the Spotify API which the Squeezebox Spotify
plugins uses.

The best information source for something like this would probably be
allmusic.com, but unfortunately their license agreements is totally off
the charts if you want to do something in a small company or even worse
if you like to do something for free. It's probably possible for
Logitech to do something but I think it's unlikely since they seem to be
focused more at simple radio listeners than music enthusiasts with their
new UE products.

The original plan with the 'SMD' (http://socialmusicdiscovery.org)
project was to accomplish something like this but unfortunately our
progress during the last year has been pretty slow due to lack of spare
time and lack of development resources. I think the closest you can get
on the Squeezebox today, except for those you mentioned, is probably the
commercial 'MUSO' (http://klarita.net/muso.html) Windows application.