mkanet wrote:
> BPA and others...
>
> I just realized yesterday that Logitech is dumping their entire
> Squeezebox line.  My whole house has several custom clients that are
> based on the latest "SoftSqueeze.jar" (integrates into my Media Center
> software).  I am curious how long will my clients continue to work for?
It should run as long as your run LMS.  The problem areas would be
special services where LMS and mysqueezebox.com interact such as
Spotify, Pandora, etc.

>  Are there any opensource backends which could be compatible with my
> Softsqueeze.jar based app?
Why - LMS will still keep running.

>   It's unconscionable for me to image Logitech just dumping such a great
> technology.
Perhaps not enough people were buying hardware players. In fact Logitech
are not dumping the technology but in their view "evolving" it to UE
radio which is simpler to use for most people (although with reduced
functionality for the dedicated users).