jezbo wrote:
> It pulls them in from LMS. According to this page LMS pulls this in from
> an ARTISTSORT ogg-vorbis tag, or from TSOP in an id3v2.4 tag:
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SlimServerSupportedTags
> (though it still says SlimDevices in the title of this page, I believe
> it's still accurate).
>
> If you remove the tag from the file and re-scan LMS, you will probably
> have to remove it from the Muso Sorting table too - or just clear the
> table completely before the next synch (Control-A while focused on the
> table, followed by the Delete key).

Thanks. I'm spending quite a bit of time tag-tidying, so I'll add that
to the list. I have noted that if there are multiple artists, it is very
important to list them in the same order in the sorted field as in the
main field (now Brendel and Rattle are swapped!).
Another thing I'm scratching my head over is the display of composers
when browsing an album. Sometimes they get listed just before the work,
but as far as I can make out, they do not get listed unless they are
also an artist in some capacity, in which case they then get listed as
an artist as well.