murkle wrote:
> Hi it didn't sound like that at all!
> I'm curious too, its maybe worth asking in the developers forum if you
> fancy? Or I can do that at the weekend.
Good! :)

I asked a Perl person at work about how inheritance works in Perl; he
didn't know, he's not that into OOP in Perl, but his Google-fu was
better than mine, so we did find out that apparently
Code:
--------------------
    use base -basemodule-
--------------------
 defines the base module. Unfortunately (for me) that means that the
SimpleAsyncHTTP inherits Slim::Utils::Accessor, and that module looks
like black magic to me.

Thanks for the pointer to the Developer forum. I searched for
"SimpleAsyncHTTP" and found 'two'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?15089-error-callback-in-SimpleAsyncHTTP&p=44450&viewfull=1#post44450)
'posts'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?15089-error-callback-in-SimpleAsyncHTTP&p=44452&viewfull=1#post44452)
that stated that it does follow redirects. I guess I have to have
another look at it when/if it starts misbehaving again...