Simply Brilliant, can't thank you enough.   I've been so fed up with the
slowness of my PC recently (AMD Phenom Quad) and all the junk my vista
had accumulated over the years I took the plunge to rebuild to Windows 7
64bit so I could see all 4GB of my RAM.

Rebuild went OK but a few stresses with Trackstat restore (70k tracks)
which I figured was constantly crashing, only to not be leaving it long
enough.  Restore took close to 12 hours in the end !!  LMS 7.7.2 was
working fine 64bit but I just could not get Squeezeplay to work.   The
GUI would not pick up the Server but you could still play the music but
the sound was really muffled.  I was just about to go back to soft
squeeze when I saw this thread.

Simply Genius.  Works perfectly direct from the Server Console.  Plus if
you install Squeezebox Desktop Gadget you can create a mini GUI if you
don't want the full server console.

If interested about the gadget, this was the original thread
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?74332-Announce-Desktop-Gadget-for-Windows).
The developers site is dead but the latest release is still online at a
gadget site
(http://gallery-live.com/sidebar-gadgets/Squeezebox%20gadget?q=&a=&fp=&fc=&e=c&o=dlbtn)

Again many thanks, long live squeezebox.