oyvindo wrote:

> Edit: I got a message saying; "A plugin has been updated, LMS needs to
> be restarted" - and so I did, and noticed to my surprise that LMSnewGUI
> was up'n'running :-)
> So, enthustiasticly I played aound with it. Here's my immediate
> impressions: I like the GUI. But it takes an awful long time to start,
> almost 4 minutes! If I try to browse around in my music library, the
> browser session constantly times out and I get an error message on
> screen;
>
> 14568
>
> I used to have the same problem with an old version of the LMS Web
> interface as well. It seems to me that the code fails to keep the
> session alive long enough so the browser times out. This is of course
> related to the fact that my music database contains over 100.000 tracks.
> But still, it would be nice to play around with LMSnewGUI if I could
> only make stay alive.  Can you help?

Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your server - it can't be this
slow. I have about 65000 tracks in my library, and the NAS runs on a
lowly Celeron CPU. Startup time is 8 seconds (!)
You are definitely running an ancient version of LMS (which still uses
mysql - not a good idea in a resource-limited environment), so you
should definitely upgrade it and switch to sqlite (standard in the newer
versions of LMS - no more mysql). Same is true for the perl version.
This alone will result in a significant speed-up.

The operation shown on your screenshot only queries the LMS for 500
albums, and should have a timeout of 30 seconds. It takes <2 seconds to
complete on my setup.
Even if I increase the timeout, I suspect you won't have much fun using
the GUI unless you improve you server's performance...