TheLastMan wrote:
> OK.  Where is the "Song info" plugin used then?

"Song Info" is used as framework for other plugins to provide extra info
about songs, which means:
- "Song Lyrics" plugin used it to provide lyrics from some online
sources, which as discussed previously in the thread doesn't work very
good since musixmatch decided to suspend my account.
- "Song Info" plugin itself provides some LastFM context menus both on
artist, albums and tracks, which for example makes it possible to view
similar artists or artist images about a selected artist.

TheLastMan wrote:

> My daughter has my old iPod Touch with iPeng installed. I might borrow
> it and see whether it is worth it.
>
> Bearing in mind recent events I doubt that very much development is
> going on with Squeezebox apps and plugins at the moment, other than
> yourself and a handful of stalwarts such as  Triode. I might drop a note
> in the Orange Squeeze thread here to see if the developer is willing to
> invest any more time on it.

Well, honestly, I think I've seen more third party development during
the last 6 months compared to the 1-2 years before that, but I can
understand your point if you feel $10 for iPeng is a lot of money or you
don't have an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to use it on. It's also important
to remember that if you want to continue encourage the third party
developers to do additions for the Squeezebox, if you want them to stick
around it's a good idea to continue to purchase their apps or plugins or
provide donations to those that do development for free.