Wirrunna wrote:
> slackhead and ralphpnj, thank you for the Muso suggestion. I have
> watched the evolution of this impressive software for a while now and
> tried it once or twice, however it does not suit the way I control LMS.
> In my house LMS runs on a low power PC under the TV, the PC also
> providing TV recording, video and DVD playback. LMS exclusively plays
> music from its local library and uses SugarCube to continue playing
> after starting with either an album or track.
> LMS is started  by Orange Squeeze on a Nexus or the LMS gui on my laptop
> in the study. I normally leave a window open on the SugarCube Live View
> so that little tweaks can be made to the playlist - usually adding
> tracks suggested by MIP that SugarCube has not queued up.
> The original reason for my first post in this thread was to identify a
> plugin that displayed the extra scanned images and then to suggest to
> the tablet developers that they should leverage the work done to enable
> displaying the images on their tablet applications.

I'm not familiar with several of the devices/software you mentioned
above but perhaps this rundown of how I use MUSO will help.

I have MUSO installed on two computers, a large laptop located in my
main listening room and a desktop computer located in my computer room.
I also use the program Moose (http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove/)
to control the various Squeezebox devices. Since I have a rather large
music library the amount of memory required to run MUSO is also fairly
large (650,000+k) and so I do not use MUSO on a regular basis on the
laptop, however I do run and use MUSO regularly on my desktop computer
which has plenty of available memory. Nonetheless I tend to use Moose to
select and control the music and I use MUSO to view the extra scanned
images, to read any information contained in the "info.txt" files and to
view any additional information that shows up in MUSO's "now playing"
window. The reason I use Moose rather than MUSO to select and control
the music is that searching my music library database in Moose is much,
much faster than searching in either MUSO or LMS (I don't actually use
LMS, I am still using Squeezebox Server 7.5.5).

There are times when I do use MUSO on my laptop, especially when I am
listening to my Living room stereo for an extended time.

I hope this helps.