Hi Triode

I recently found out that despite bit-perfectness, different software
players and different audio output devices make a difference for me.

With my DAC, the best sound gives me Squeezelite with WDM-KS and HDMI.
It really sounds FANTASTIC!

So far so good... But Squeezelite is the only player which is able to
address KS/HDMI. Foobar, JRiver (test version) and JPlay (test version)
don't show that particular output. The skinny answer of the guys at
JPlay is: don't trust Squeezelite, if Foobar, JRiver and JPlay can't see
it, then it certainly is not KS.

Could you explain to me what PortAudio does, what others don't? Thank
you!