I am running Slackware Linux version 13.x and Logitech Media Server
7.7.2.

I installed the Triode Spotify plugin version 2.2.12 for linux by
unzipping it into the Plugins subdirectory within the Logitech Media
Server top directory.

When I started the LMS, I got the message
Plugins/Spotify/Bin/i386-linux/spotifydnoflac: error while loading
shared libraries: libspotify.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

I was able to make it happy by creating a symbolic link in
/usr/local/lib which points to the copy of libspotify.so.10 which came
with the plugin, and then running ldconfig before starting the LMS.

It would be much spiffier if those binaries could find the DLLs
themselves!