MeSue wrote:
> Erland,
>
> I think I have tracked down a lot of my server problems to the setting
> in Custom Scan -> MusicIP Export Module -> dynamically update
> checkbox. With this checked, I lose connection to my server for several
> seconds every time a rating is changed. I also have problems with iPeng
> crashing all the time. With it unchecked, these problems go away. So,
> two questions....
>
> 1. Is there any logging I can provide that could help you to improve
> this?

Enable "debug" logging of "plugin.trackstat" temporarily in LMS
Settings/Advanced/Logging, then change a rating and wait a few seconds
until the server is available again and send me the server.log after
that. The requests to MusicIP is synchronous, based on what you describe
it sounds like it might be that MusicIP is running slow for some reason,
it should be possible to see in the server.log if this is the case if
you have debug logging enabled.

After you have copied the server.log you can restore the log settings
because else you are going to get a gigantic log file.

Is MusicIP running on the same machine as LMS or are you running MusicIP
on a separate machine ?

MeSue wrote:

> 2. If I check "Include in automatic scans and 'Scan All'"then will
> MusicIP get updated with rating, play counts, etc. when a scheduled
> "check for new and changed music" rescan is run, or does it have to be a
> full rescan?

Unless something has changed in recently in LMS it should execute the
same logic independent if you do a full rescan or a new and changed
music rescan.

If you want to be sure it works, the best way is probably to verify it
in your own setup:
1. Change a rating
2. Update or add a single file (it doesn't have to be the same one as
the one you change the rating on)
3. Perform a new and changed music rescan
4. View the rating in MusicIP and verify that it has been transferred
properly