Thanks, but what I was wondering was how Smart Mix keeps track of the
played tracks and the most played artists.

There are two things: LMS itself keeps track of what has been played. This is stored in the persist.db file in your cache. Advantage: available to every LMS user. Disadvantage: users tend to wipe the cache folder every now and then, deleting the counts with it. And it only covers playback of local tracks.

I therefore added a cache of the most recently played songs using SmartMix. As I can use TEN's song ID, this allows for easy handling in SmartMix, as no mapping of local IDs to TEN IDs is required.

--

Michael