Been through many similar posts but can't find a solution... hoping
someone can help :)

I've installed the Triode plug-in for Spotify and although log-in,
metadata and other functionality seems to work fine (i.e. if I select
one of my playlists it shows all tracks including album art) but doesn't
play. In fact, clicking on the play button moves the 'current track' to
the last song in the list - but no audio plays for any of the tracks.

Running the self-test shows the following (debug log file attached)
15028

Self Test - Complete
Helper App Running: PASS
Logged In: PASS
Spotify Metadata OK: PASS
Streaming from Spotify OK: PASS

Then the last test shows:
"Player unable to connect"
Then:
"Unable to stream to player: FAIL
Player did not connect to helper app - check your firewall allows the
helper app to receive incoming connections from players on the helper
app port defined above"

I've checked my router (Lynksys E4200) to see if it's allowing port 9005
(I even added this port to my list of port forwarding - on the server's
IP address - although my understanding was that this was for external
traffic comming in, not internal from within the LAN)

I've used PaPing (https://code.google.com/p/paping/) to check that I can
access the server on port 9005 and see no problem there. The server IP
on the Helper App port shows a connection with no errors.

The Ubuntu Firewall is disabled.

Server details:
Version: 7.5.1 - r30836 @ Tue Jun 1 05:57:28 PDT 2010
Hostname: jdp-revo
Server IP Address: 192.168.0.102
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: i686-linux
Perl Version: 5.10.1 - i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
MySQL Version: 5.1.70-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
Total Players Recognized: 5

I have also disabled FLAC for Spotify in Advanced > File Types, as some
people suggested that worked for them.

Any ideas?

|Filename: spotifyd.log.txt                                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15028|

http://baroquedub.co.uk/