garym wrote:
> I assume you've thought about Spotify. I subscribe to it and get 320kbps
> tracks. I do use it mostly to listen to albums I might want to purchase
> (or albums or tracks I might want to listen to once or twice but NOT
> purchase). So I'm not really using it for random music play like
> Pandora, although I can do "artist" radio with spotify and get random
> play (but not as customizable yet as pandora).  Nice to have on my
> iphone and ipad too, as I can access all of spotify when travelling
> without thinking about what to upload to my iThings.
>
> edit:  and Spotify plays on my SqueezePlay running on Win7 laptop.

This isn't for myself, but for some people I know who listen almost
exclusively to Pandora radio stations. I'm trying to find a solution
that will play both local music and Pandora. A hardware Squeezebox seems
to be the closest, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I'd really
rather just use a PC, possibly with a USB DAC.

I have a MOG subscription, which also does artist radio, but it doesn't
seem to be quite the same as Pandora radio.