pike wrote:
> Well, .. I'm as lost as you there. Just bought the box and its a funny
> small linux distro.
> Maybe we can spawn this bug report to Synology ?
>
> *-pike

The easiest way of course is to just restart the NAS.

The other way - not exactly difficult - is to go to the DSM web
interface (I assume you've worked that out!) then the package manager.
In the "Installed" section, you'll see "Logitech Media Server". Under
the icon for it, you'll see an "action" button, which will have a "stop"
option when you click on it. You can stop it then once it's stopped
restart it.

By the way, I've been having an email discussion with Triode about the
same issue... I decided it made sense to register here and participate
here.
What you described with the log file is exactly the same issue I had -
it didn't exist, and even after I created it, nothing gets written to
it, even though it stops complaining about not being able to write to
it.

Triode- the autosplit thing, is there any way we can check if that's
installed? I don't know enough about Perl to understand how the CPAN
stuff works...