Is it possible that something concerning the flac streaming went wrong
with the update to 1.111?

I noticed that suddenly i can't stream flac files anymore (when i change
the setting to mp3 streams it works). On a squeezebox receiver all i got
was a strange "barking" sound every couple of seconds. An iPod (iPeng
Playback) stayed completely silent.

As an example: On the right side of the web interface an album (with
flac streaming enabled) is now displayed while playing as:

Bach, J.S.: Italian Concerto, etc.
Alfred Brendel
320000, mp3

I reverted to an backup of the server with version 1.100 of the plugin
and disabled automatic updates. Now playback works without any problem.
The same album is displayed as:

Bach, J.S.: Italian Concerto, etc.
Alfred Brendel
750000, flc

I then updated only the plugin (the server is hosted as a virtual
machine so it's easy to change things and revert back to a snapshot if
they don't work),  and the problem occured again.
So i don't think it's my setup that is causing the problem.