results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79524
Question: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

- Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.
- No, I don't care.

Virgus wrote:
> Hello Douglas,
> I've been using happily SqueezeIR since my last message and it's great
> to have it!
> A few months ago I migrated from an XP server to a Raspberry PI and
> everything is fine
> except I cannot update any more the SqueezeIR configuration file.
>
> I keep getting Result:5 (fail) message.
>
> Just to avoid any doubt I cleared my file and used your templates
> sr6.lirc.txt and SqueezeIR.xml, but even my file is working well on XP's
> LMS.
>
> I replicated the same folder structure I had previously to:
> /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/HTML/SqueezeIR/html/0004201b2093
>
> but on the server log I keep having the following messages (it seems
> that SqueezeIR cannot find the configuration files):
> [14-02-11 12:46:25.9759] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning:
> [12:46:25.9720] Use of uninitialized value $name in hash element at
> /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Template/Context.pm line 100.
> [14-02-11 12:46:25.9813] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning:
> [12:46:25.9777] Use of uninitialized value $shortname in substitution
> (s///) at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Template/Context.pm line
> 116.
> [14-02-11 12:46:25.9874] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning:
> [12:46:25.9833] Use of uninitialized value $name in concatenation (.) or
> string at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Template/Context.pm line
> 168.
> [14-02-11 12:46:25.9932] Slim::Web::Template::SkinManager::_fillTemplate
> (322) Error: file error - : not found
>
> I have no idea of where to look to fix this, could you please give me
> your advise?
>
> Thanks and have a nice day,
> Virginio
>
> BTW I was trying to manually restore the configuration of my controller
> by taking it from a second working controller
> but when I look into /usr/share/jive/applets/SqueezeIR on the working
> controller there are no xml/lirc.txt files?
> Where are those located? Is it technically possible to do the restore
> manually?
> Thanks again!
Hi Virgus,
I don't think those error messages are anything to do with SqueezeIR as
there's no server-side component to it, everything runs on the
controller.  The server is just acting as a web server to host the
SqueezeIR config files.

The first thing to check is that the server is indeed serving the config
files properly; point a web browser at
Code:
--------------------
    http://127.0.0.1:9000/squeezeir/html/0004201b2093
  /SqueezeIR.xml
--------------------
 and see that you get the xml file returned (you may have to type the
url in the correct case).  I have known people screw up the permissions
on the files so that the SqueezeCenter account can't access the files.

The cached settings on the controller are in
Code:
    /etc/squeezeplay/userpath/settings/SqueezeIR.lua
.  There's just one file to copy across if you want to do it that way
(all the xml and lirc files are embedded within it).

If you are still having problems, try a refresh of the SqueezeIR config
and then copy the log from the controller (/var/log/messages).

1xRadio, 2xReceiver, 2xController, 1xSB3, 2xSqueezeSlave, SBS 7.5.3
Inventor of SqueezeIR applet for the Controller