thing-fish wrote:
> I do have a number of duplicate song tags, but they do not correspond to
> the songs that I have so many rows of in trackstat.  Will the
> backup/disable musicbrainz/wipe/rescan/restore still help in that case?

It you have many rows for the same song but it isn't one of the song
with duplicate musicbrainz id, you can skip the "disable musicbrainz"
step and just do the backup/wipe/rescan/restore procedure (which will
remove the duplicates). However, if you also have tracks with duplicate
musicbrainz tags you should really disable musicbrainz identities or
just remove the musicbrainz tags on all duplicate songs (and just keep
it on one song).

thing-fish wrote:

> Also if I disable musicbrainz tags will I lose trackstat and rating
> information during a full rescan?

No, you will only loose ratings if you rename or move music files.

thing-fish wrote:

> edidted to add one other thought: with musicbrainz' redefinition of the
> song tag, would you consider making a multipart key of musicbrainz song
> tag / musicbrainz album tag instead of just relying on the song tag?

Good idea, have to think about it a bit more, will consider something
like this for a future release.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
You may also want to try my Android apps 'Squeeze Display'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.squeezedisplay)
and 'RSS Photo Show'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.rssphotoshow)
*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.