The problem is, that for classical music the usual settings don't work
all that well. I'd like to favour newer recordings, but if I select
"from 1990 or newer", then all I get is Vanessa Mae. I'd need to be able

Keep in mind that that parameter is for the artist, not for the recording. There probably aren't too many artists born after 1990, and recording great Classical music!

All the magic behind the mixes is in those parameters, and how the.echonest.com deals with them. The plugin doesn't have much of an influence. And I must admit that it can be quite challenging to get the mix right. Too many parameters with quite a bit of fuzzyness around their meanings...

--

Michael